SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2015

Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2015 12:41:56 -0500
I accept it as normal many (upwards of several thousand) daily root
breaking attempts. My defense is careful sshd configuration and
restrictive incoming router firewall.

Does anyone mantain a database of consistently offending sites (maybe a
news source, such as politico or propublica)? Initial use of whois and dig
for a few returned familiar countries of origin, coutries that may
encourage or even sponsor some attempts.

I searched the archive for "breakin" and "failed" with an without subject
line qualifiers (like "root") and found nothing.

Thank you.
mark hansel