SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
Erik Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:29:38 -0700
Hi All,

I'm working on a rather large deployment of sl4 throughout my
department.  Two of our undergraduate classes use Usermode Linux
extensively.  UML is said to run much better and with greater security
if the host kernel is compiled with SKAS support
(http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/skas.html), but I almost
certainly do not want to deploy a custom kernel.  Does anyone know of a
way around this, either through a skas kernel module (searched, haven't
seen anything), or any other means?

Thanks for any help,
Erik.

--
e r i k   w i l l i a m s o n                     [log in to unmask]
  system admin . department of computer science . university of calgary