SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2015

From:
MAH Maccallum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MAH Maccallum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2015 13:33:35 +0000
We've had Office 365 as the university's official system for over a year now. It has been evolving and improving though I still do not like it. Many Uk universities use either that or Google's services, and the main reason is reduced costs and simplified service maintenance, as wellas keeping students happy by offering a cloud-based service with all the add-ons already mentioned in this thread.

I have found it reasonably, and increasingly, usable via the Outlook Web Application, thunderbird and mutt, under Linux. So I agree with those whose meesage has basically been 'Don't panic'