SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miles O'Neal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:44:42 -0600
We're looking at going to multiple tiers
of filespace.  Our tier1 is a couple of
NetApp fileservers.  These automatically
snapshot things.  But we can't afford
NetApp for all our disk space, and are
going to build some PC-based fileservers
using SL.

Do any of you have experience using any sort
of snapshot capability with any of the OSes
available for SL?  Do any of the filesystems
support this directly, or are you using LVM
or something similar?  Ideally, I'd like
something built into the FS, but I can't find
evidence that any of the standard FSes have
this capability...

Thanks,
Miles