SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2007

From:
John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Summerfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 08:34:10 +0800
Jérôme Roccaz wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> I tried several time downloading SL5 x64 is DVD from different site and
> it fails : MS Explorer only downloads 250Mbytes and say "you've done it"
> and Firefox downloads around 92% ofr the file and then says I don't have
> enough space on my HD, what is wrong. I've download SL5 i386 and no
> trouble with it.

IE isn't Internet Exploder for nothing;-)

> Is this bug known? and where I can find the dvd iso file of SL4.5? I've
> found only the CD version.

FAT filesystem? I think there's a problem with files larger than 2^31 bytes.

I've seen it before, I think on the Linux-390 list where the proportion
of Windows users is higher than normal.

Google may have a workaround.

Failing all else, you could download Knoppix and boot that, format some
storage (maybe a USB drive) as ext3, download to that then burn to DVD.

I've successfully download a DVD image with Konqueror, but more usually
I use lftp or rsync - http servers serving DVD images are fairly scarce.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait