SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2015

From:
Steve Traylen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Traylen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2015 10:56:49 +0100
On 01/28/2015 10:48 AM, Steven Haigh wrote:
>> And indeed, if yum updates a daemon due to security fixes does the
>> >daemon restart?
> By default, package updates won't restart running programs. This is a
> manual step.

glibc is special.

When glibc is updated it executes from %post

/usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade.x86_64

which severely lacks documentation, best I could find

is it runs

telinit u; service sshd condrestart

It definitely does restart crond I'm sure since a few years back it wend
bad and crond failed across the whole plant.

Not sure I actually trust the above to actually restart everything.