SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2015

From:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 08:39:43 -0600
Not familiar with that model but had very good success with
the earlier models of the Dell Precision Mobile Workstation series that
ran linux well.

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015, Phil Wyett wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-01-26 at 21:10 -0800, Yasha Karant wrote:
>> I am considering replacing my current HP 8530p with a
>> Dell Precision M4800 Mobile Workstation .
>>
>> I have looked at Linux on Laptops, but this Dell model does not seem to
>> appear.
>>
>> Does anyone have Linux experience with the above Dell model?
>>
>> Note that SL 6 works well on my HP 8530p .
>>
>> Thanks for any information.
>>
>> Yasha Karant
>
> Hi,
>
> This laptop supports RHEL 6.4 or greater.
>
> http://www.dell.com/uk/business/p/precision-m4800-workstation. See the
> tech specs lower on the page.
>
> Regards
>
> Phil

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
[log in to unmask]  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Office:  Wilson Hall room 804
Fermilab Scientific Computing Division,
Scientific Computing Facilities Quadrant.,
Experimental Computing Facilities Dept.,
Project Lead for Virtual Facility Project.