SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2006

From:
Paul Jochum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Jochum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:46:28 -0500
Hi All:

    I was wondering (and have not had a chance to test it yet), is it
possible to run a CentOS kernel on a Scientific Linux installation?  I
am looking at doing this, since CentOS has a modified kernel named
"CentOS Plus", which includes a number of additional features (such as 7
more file systems, and more hardware modules).  I know that I could add
these features and modules to the SL kernel, but it would much easier to
just drop in the CentOS kernel if it works.

    Any comments appreciated, and hope everyone has a nice Monday.

thanks,

Paul Jochum