SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:43:22 -0400
> Do note that TUV does NOT support upgrading from RHEL5 -> RHEL6 at all.
> So there may be many pitfalls with doing a "upgradeany" as it has gotten
> "NO/not much" testing.

I actually tried this on a test desktop box. What I ended up with
wasn't really useful. There were packages that weren't installed,
dependencies were broken, and after sorting out a couple of them I
gave up.

Caveat sysadmin (what's Latin for "system administrator"? :))

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

There was process. Process was all. You could go in a promising
direction or you could go wrong,
but you did not set out with the expectation of ever stopping
anywhere. All responsibilities,
all commitments thus understood took on substance and duration. -
Ursula K. Leguin, "The Dispossessed"

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of
information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.
hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or
distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the
sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all
attachments, and any copies thereof.