SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2014

From:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Haigh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:05:52 +1100
I kinda thought this about external monitors too... I could see an
analog VGA cable being lesser quality than DVI, but DVI is digital - as
such there is no quality loss - its either there or not.

If its a 15 pin VGA connector in use, it will get loss at 1600x1200 or
higher resolutions. That's the beauty of DVI / HDMI / DP - they're
purely digital transmission forms.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [log in to unmask]