SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2005

From:
Adrian Sevcenco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adrian Sevcenco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:16:30 +0300
Hi all,
I am new to SL and a have some problems...
First annoying thing was when at install when without choosing mail
servers and samba servers at all i ended up with them installed.
Second was that despite the fact that cd’s passed integrity checks at
add/remove packages I received error no matter what I tried. Fortunately
I could just rpm -ivh.
Third: its not clear at install time what method is preferred: apt or
yum. From what I seen in howto’s it seem that yum is preferred. Maybe a
small comment in description to say that yum is preferred would be nice
(?? would be??)
Forth: using the generic 'us' keyboard i have a lot of problems in
pressing ' and " (and another keys)
Fifth : from a terminal in a graphical mode (kde ) find ./ -name '*'
returns nothing. ina terminal in text mode i receive corect output
Sixth : mc (midnight commander) is not part of SL ?? is it another
aplication similar around ??
For now thats all .. :))
Thank you
Adrian Sevcenco