SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
Andreas Petzold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andreas Petzold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 19:45:34 +0200
	Hi,

On Friday, October 21, 2011 19:20:59 Larry Linder wrote:
> Help!
> Has anyone installed wxPython for EL5 or on SL 5.6 ?
>
> There are numerous dependencies that I can't resolve during installation.
> Tried  wxPython-2.8.9.1-1.el5.rf.x86_64.rpm from several RPM sources -
> there are three missing lib*.so - found them as RPM files used yum to
> install them - this causes more missing dependencies.  Conclusion is that
> they are not complete and there are too many missing dependencies now to
> try to resolve.
>
> Any ideas on where I can find a complete working wxPython *.rpm  for SL 5.6

wxPython and it's dependencies are available from the EPEL repo and also from
DAG.

	Andreas

p.s. you don't need to have these (and others like rpmfusion) repos enabled by
default, but you can have them configured and use them with yum --enablerepo
<reponame> list/search. When you look for a package next time, just check
these repos first instead of hunting in the net and then getting an outdated
version with dependency troubles.