SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2011

From:
Ichihara Takashi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ichihara Takashi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2011 22:28:24 +0900
Dear all,

I am sorry for posting several times. This is the summary.

By installing the two rpm packages:

# rpm -ivh tetex-natbib-8.31a-1.PU_IAS.1.noarch.rpm
# rpm -ivh tetex-revtex-4.1-1.PU_IAS.1.noarch.rpm

as can be downloaded from the URLs of
http://pkgs.org/centos-5-rhel-5/puias-unsupported-i386/tetex-natbib-8.31a-1.PU_IAS.1.noarch.rpm.html
http://pkgs.org/centos-5-rhel-5/puias-unsupported-i386/tetex-revtex-4.1-1.PU_IAS.1.noarch.rpm.html

on Scientific Linux 5/6 (or RHEL 5/6 or CentOS 5/6), we can compile
the old TeX articles for APS files with REVTeX 4 by latex, starting with

%% This file is part of the APS files in the REVTeX 4 distribution.
%% Version 4.0 of REVTeX, August 2001
%%
%%
%% Copyright (c) 2001 The American Physical Society.
%
% This is a template for producing manuscripts for use with REVTEX 4.0
% Copy this file to another name and then work on that file.
% That way, you always have this original template file to use.
%
% Add 'draft' option to mark overfull boxes with black boxes
% Add 'showpacs' option to make PACS codes appear
% Add 'showkeys' option to make keywords appear
%
%\documentclass[aps,prl,preprint,groupedaddress]{revtex4}
\documentclass[aps,prl,preprint,superscriptaddress,showpacs]{revtex4}
%\documentclass[aps,prl,twocolumn,groupedaddress]{revtex4}
%\documentclass[aps,prl,twocolumn,superscriptaddress,showpacs]{revtex4}
<snif>

and the recent TeX articles for APS files with REVTeX 4.1 starting with

%% ****** Start of file apstemplate.tex ****** %
%%
%%
%% This file is part of the APS files in the REVTeX 4 distribution.
%% Version 4.1r of REVTeX, August 2010
%%
%%
%% Copyright (c) 2001, 2009, 2010 The American Physical Society.
%%
%% See the REVTeX 4 README file for restrictions and more information.
%%
%
% This is a template for producing manuscripts for use with REVTEX 4.0
% Copy this file to another name and then work on that file.
% That way, you always have this original template file to use.
%
% Group addresses by affiliation; use superscriptaddress for long
% author lists, or if there are many overlapping affiliations.
% For Phys. Rev. appearance, change preprint to twocolumn.
% Choose pra, prb, prc, prd, pre, prl, prstab, prstper, or rmp for journal
% Add 'draft' option to mark overfull boxes with black boxes
% Add 'showpacs' option to make PACS codes appear
% Add 'showkeys' option to make keywords appear
%\documentclass[aps,prl,preprint,groupedaddress]{revtex4-1}
%\documentclass[aps,prl,preprint,superscriptaddress]{revtex4-1}
\documentclass[aps,prl,twocolumn,superscriptaddress]{revtex4-1}
%\documentclass[aps,prl,reprint,groupedaddress]{revtex4-1}
<snif>

on the same environment at the same time. This rpm packages
seems to be great ! I think this is the most easy way to co-exist
of revtex4 and revtex4-1 on SL4/5 (and RHLE 4/5 and CentOS4/5).

Best regards,
Takashi Ichihara (RIKEN)