SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2009

From:
Artem Trunov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Artem Trunov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:17:46 +0200
Hi, all

Thanks to all for valuable comments. I am convinced now my problem was
in the right sata driver missing from the initrd image made on the
"hda" system (or a system trying to load a wrong driver for the disk
hosting new / partition.  The trick I did was to rebuild initrd with
--fstab option pointing to the fstab file on the cloned disk, i.e.
/mnt/sdb1/etc/fstab. This way mkinird checks on what disk a would-be /
partition resides and inserts corresponding driver in the initrd
image.

Also, some colleges here advised to build a "fat" custom initrd,
containing many drivers, that can be then used for image cloning on
different hardware.

Thanks again for the help.
Artem