SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2015

From:
Tim Kanuka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Kanuka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:02:28 -0600
I think having a EPEL mirror in the way described by Steve is an excellent idea. It exactly parallels my own requirement (and I suppose any site's requirement) of managing updates to many machines. The only way to guarantee that you are not going to break something with an update is to test your applications on an updated *test* environment. The only way to guarantee that your *production* environment is updated in the same way as the *test* environment is to have a mirror repo that is not changing unexpectedly.

Tim Kanuka
Canadian Light Source