SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2008

Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 18:13:21 +0200
Il 03/07/2008 alle 01:07, Robert Tilden ha scritto:

> I installed SLF 5.2 on an older Dell the other day and I'm having a
> hard time getting the microphone to work. I've tried it with an
> ancient Ensoniq card and a more recent SoundBlaster Live card, but so
> far none of the (many) permutations of controls and settings have
> yielded a peep from the microphone. The audio output works fine with
> either speakers or headphones.
[...]
> Any relevant thoughts or guidance from anyone? Would a less recent
> version of SLF be more likely to work?

I'm experiencing the same problem with SL5.1 on an Acer laptop: no
signal from built-in mic or from an external one.

The integrated soundcard is an ATI Intel-HDA-compatible model, so it's
far from exotic. Good tip on testing the mic with an Ubuntu live CD, I
think I'll do the same.

Regards,
Andrea