SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2005

From:
Kuo Kan LIANG <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:47:02 +0800
Dear Yannick,

Merci beaucoup. I tried the suggestions you provided,
but I still get "Connection refused" message.
I did install rshd.  On each machine, I simply did full installation.
There is no message concerning rshd in /var/log/messages.
Then, I tried to start rshd by simply calling /usr/bin/in.rshd,
and the message in the /var/log/messages file is:
Oct  6 15:35:31 cn001 rshd[8564]: getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket

I guess that means rshd is not started successfully. Is it right?

Thanks for further suggestions in advance.

Best regards,
Kuo Kan LIANG