SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2013 08:48:44 -0800
Thank you for the URL.  There also is a Thunderbird ESR URL --

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/organizations/faq/

Evidently, all security issues are addressed in ESR -- hence the mass
deployed versions on campus should be ESR.

The other issue is "compatibility".  The university insists on certain
specific web based applications, including proprietary Blackboard and a
specialized Oracle PeopleSoft application called the Common Management
System (CMS).  Is there a means to verify that the current ESR release
meets the requirements of these applications?

Yasha Karant