SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2014

From:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ToddAndMargo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2014 15:43:32 -0800
On 11/08/2014 08:44 AM, Urs Beyerle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At them moment the SL7 live medias only contain packages which are part
> of SL7. This guaranties that - in case you install SL7 from the LiveCD -
> you get a pure SL7 system.
>
> Xfce is not on the LiveDVD, because Xfce is not part of SL7, which is a
> rebuild if RHEL7. By the way the same is also the case for ntfs-3g,
> ntfsprogs, gparted etc.
>
> I'm still thinking about doing a re-spin of SL7 Live with extra software
> like xfce, ntfs, gparted. Either by enable EPEL repo per default or
> providing (like for SL6) an extra LiveCD repo.
>
> Any feedback is welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
>      Urs

Hi Urs,

Sound good to me.  Would you be able to drop all the gnome
junk from the CD?

gparted is a necessity.

Also if there is room: gdisk, ntfsfix, chntpw, gsmartcontrol

I use gdisk to remove those idiot Apple partition from G-Drives
so as I can use them on other systems.  http://www.g-technology.com/

Do we still need ntfs3g?  I though it was native now?

-T