SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
Menny Hamburger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2011 08:53:16 +0100
Hi,

I am trying to migrate our custom CDROM installation from EL5 to EL6.1.

I have downloaded the two Everything DVD's and copied install.img, initrd.img, boot.iso and vmlinux to my own DVD directory structure.
.treeinfo:
[general]
family = Scientific Linux
timestamp = 1311823917.22
variant = sl6-x86_64
totaldiscs = 1
version = 6
discnum = 1
packagedir =
arch = x86_64

[images-x86_64]
kernel = isolinux/vmlinuz
initrd = isolinux/initrd.img
boot.iso = images/boot.iso

[stage2]
mainimage = images/install.img

Anaconda command line:
APPEND initrd=initrd.img usb-handoff biosdevname=0 selinux=0 text ks=cdrom: method=cdrom upgradeany first

After fixing some deprecated items in ks.cfg, the installation worked OK accept for this annoying issue:
No matter what I try put in the command line and inside the ks.cfg, I always get "Enable Network Interface" dialog to select an interface + ipv6 + ipv4  (The machine has several network interfaces).

When looking into the anaconda log during installation when the dialog comes up, I see that anaconda is in reposetup stage.
I tried to disable the yum update in anaconda.repos.d/sl.repo with no success.

The installation worked unattended on EL5,  and I really want to keep it that way with EL6.
I would really appreciate a tip or two on how to make this work.

Thanks,
Menny