SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2011

From:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nico Kadel-Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2011 07:17:48 -0400
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Steven Leikeim <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 01:07:45PM -0600, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>>    Which configuration options can be used on SL 5.5, to get Kerberos tickets
>>    immediately after login?
>>

> In System -> Administration -> Authentication, there is a checkbox to enable
> Kerberos support for Authentication as well as Configure your Kerberos settings.

Behind the scenes, this tool simply summons the "authconfig" command.
Reading up on this command will give you all the power of the GUI, but
in a way that is easily scripted and deployed.

I strongly urge upgrading to 5.7, for a whole slew of improved
integrations involving Kerbers and especially features like NFSv4, and
I especially urge upgrading to SL 6.1 to get single-sign-on key
handling for OpenSSH, which requires OpenSSH 5.x.