SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2005

From:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Mansour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 12:10:46 +1000
Hi Connie,

> Michael,
>
> On Mon, 16 May 2005, Michael Mansour wrote:
>
> > Hi Connie/Troy,
> >
> > I use Michael Fratoni's whichcd:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/whichcd
> >
> > on various machines. It does similar to the whichcd.py script supplied by RH
> > (which we've discussed earlier), but on a much larger scale, as it includes
> > various distributions which can be queried, not just the distribution it's
> > running on.
> >
> > I'm looking at getting whichcd to support SL3/4, and Michael Fratoni is happy
> > to add support for it. I asked him what I need for him to support it and below
> > is his reply.
> >
> > I don't have all the CD's myself, so thought maybe you could help out and send
> > him what he needs?
> >
> > If not, please let me know and I'll endeavour to get him the info.
>
> You can download the iso images and loopback mount them with
>
> mount -o loop <isoname>
>
> The rpms are in /SL/RPMS/
>
> -Connie Sieh

Yes I know I can do that for the SL4 and SL303 distributions (ones I've
downloaded), but what about the SL301, 302 etc that I haven't downloaded? or
is it just enough to supply him with SL303?

I won't be downloading each distrib just to do this, but only provide him with
what I have, which is why I thought I'd ask at the source.

I'll look at supplying him SL4 and SL303 this weekend.

Thanks.

Michael.

------- End of Original Message -------