SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:37:40 -0700
I certainly hope that you find your new position with a for profit
corporation as stimulating and useful to society as the position that
you are leaving -- the for-profit world is very different from the
academic (except perhaps for that of the Rubbia-like worlds in nominally
academic fields).

One small question:  is there anyone else who knows the same material
with respect to SL that you do?  That is, with you totally divorcing
yourself from SL, have you built in programmer job security that will
take a large amount of effort on the part of the remaining SL support
team to re-invent?

Best wishes on your new career.

Yasha Karant