SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2015

From:
Stijn De Weirdt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stijn De Weirdt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2015 08:01:53 +0100
if it's events, it could be some driver that is acting up. you can try
to remove as much kernel modules related to hardware as possible
(typically network, or bluetooth/wireless if this is a laptop)

if you feel up to it, you can try perf as root:
install it with
yum install perf -y
and then run
perf top

it's top on steroids, so can be overwhelming. but you should be able to
dig a lot deeper into what is happening.

good luck

stijn