SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2005

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:58:18 -0600
Sven Sternberger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried today to figure out how to build for our site a
> Sun-SDK rpm.
> I noticed that there was already a link on my machines, which point
> to /etc/alternatives/, so this looked as if there is a
> already ready to go meta-packages to build the rpm, but I don't find it.
> I tried the packages from jpackage.org but they sadly don't work for me,
> indeed the rpm build proccess breaks very early.
> So I would appreciate any hints or tips.
>
> regrads
>
> sven

Well, there are two ways that I know of, but I'm sure there are more.

1- Download the rpm from sun.  unpack it, which give you an rpm.  keep
the license with the rpm, or in the same area so that if someone can get
the rpm, they can get the license.  And just use that rpm.

2- (I need to re-read the license to make sure I can do this) Download
their tar ball, and just re-package it into an rpm in the style you want.

Troy

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468