SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2015

From:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lamar Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:54:58 -0500
On 01/27/2015 12:10 AM, Yasha Karant wrote:
> I am considering replacing my current HP 8530p with a
> Dell Precision M4800 Mobile Workstation .
Dell Precision Mobile Workstations are (and have been for a long while
now) available with Red Hat Enterprise Linux preinstalled (as long as
you're in the correct portal; I think you need to be in one of the
business portals, not the individual one, where they push Inspirons
instead of Latitudes and Precisions).  If RHEL will work, so will SL (or
CentOS, for that matter).  My M6500 works very well with CentOS 7 (and
it would with SL 7 as well), and my previous M4300 worked very well with
CentOS 6 (and would have worked well with SL6).