SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2008

From:
Faye Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Faye Gibbins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:12:06 +0100
Hi,

  A recent update to perl-XML-Simple on SL5 has broken the handling of
"&" in XML code.

This example:

snip---
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
use XML::Simple;
use Data::Dumper;

my %f;
$f{'foo'}='&';

print XMLout(\%f);
print Dumper(XMLin(XMLout(\%f)));
snip---

used to produce:

snip---
<opt foo="&amp;" />
$VAR1 = {
           'foo' => '&'
         };
snip---

Now it produces:

snip---
<opt foo="&amp;" />
could not find ParserDetails.ini in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/XML/SAX
$VAR1 = {
           'foo' => '&amp;'
         };
snip---

This is a problem for our perl handling of our automount maps (which
often have "&" at the ends)

Has this been reported do people know of the bug? Or have I made an
error somewhere, there's nothing obvious in the man page.

yours
Faye

Faye Gibbins, Computing Officer (Infrastructure Services)
       GeoS KB; Linux, Unix, Security and Networks.
Communications Technologist   -  IT  Professionals' Forum
Beekeeper  - The Apiary Project, KB -   www.bees.ed.ac.uk

   I grabbed at spannungsbogen before I knew I wanted it.

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body,
registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.