SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
carlopmart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
carlopmart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:05:41 +0200
On 08/15/2011 08:57 PM, Troy Dawson wrote:
> On 08/12/2011 03:54 AM, carlopmart wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Due to a certain bugs and problems with cluster stack on SL6.1
>> (corosync, cman, kernel, etc) release (all problems are reported to
>> upstream), I need to maintain two hosts at SL6.0 version.
>>
>> Is it possible to do this applying all security errata only for this
>> version?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Hello,
> There was alot of replies to your post, but I wanted to make sure you
> were clear.
>
> If you do nothing, you will stay at SL 6.0 and get all the latest
> security errata for SL 6.0. You will not get any bugfixes, only security
> updates.
>
> If there is a package that you are worried about being upgraded, whether
> for security updates or not, you have two choices.
> 1 - Edit /etc/yum.conf and add an "exclude" line (man yum.conf) and it
> will never be updated
> 2 - Edit /etc/sysconfig/yum-autoupdate and add the package name to the
> EXCLUDE line. Then the package will not be automatically updated, but
> you will be able to update it by hand via yum.
>
> If you want to later update to 6.1, or 6.2, or the latest version, the
> webpage is now up that tells how to do that.
> http://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/howto/upgrade.6x
> the short version is
> yum --releasever=6x update
>
> Troy

Thanks Troy and sorry for my delayed response. But I have antoher
question. Will scientificlinux release security fixes updates during EUS
of certain release like 6.0 until upstream it marks as an EOL??

For example:

https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2011-1106.html

This is a security fix released by upstream vendor, but I didn't see if
this package is released for SL6.0

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez