SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2007

From:
"P. Larry Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
P. Larry Nelson
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:11:18 -0500
Thanks Connie!

In the bios, under "Advanced", I see:

  - Processor Configuration
  - Memory Configuration
  - ATA Controller Configuration
  - Serial Port Configuration
  - USB Configuration
  - PCI Configuration
  - System Acoustic and Performance Configuration

Ok, I'm assuming it can't be in the ATA Controller Configuration.
Everything there is Enabled anyway.

In the USB Configuration, I see:

  - Detected USB Devices
	1 Drive

  - USB Controller	[Enabled]
  - Legacy USB Support	[Disabled]
  - Port 60/64 Emulation	[Disabled]

  - USB Mass Storage Device Configuration
  - Device Reset Timeout	[20 sec]

  - Storage Emulation
  - TEAC FD-05PUB  3000	[Auto]

  - USB 2.0 Controller	[Enabled]

Now, I hope you don't say I have to enable the Legacy USB Support
and the Port 60/64 Emulation, because (from a previous posting last
month) I have to have those disabled otherwise the keyboard and
mouse don't work.

Side question: is the "1 Drive" it detected the cdrom or the floppy?

Further data points:
Under the "Boot Options" in the BIOS, I see:

  - Boot Option #1	[PATA: SR244W      ...]
  - Boot Option #2	[Intel(R) MB RAID]
  - Boot Option #3	[IBA GE Slot 0500 v...]
  - Boot Option #4	[[EFI Shell]]

Is one of the above a floppy?

Ideas?
- Larry

--
P. Larry Nelson (217-244-9855) | Systems/Network Administrator
461 Loomis Lab                 | High Energy Physics Group