SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

From:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Art Wildman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2007 16:22:00 -0400
Joe Kiskis wrote:
> I have just installed SL 5. I'm getting a large number of messages of the
>  form
> EDAC MC0: UE page 0xbf1 offset 0x0 grain 4096 row 0 labels ":" : i82875p
> UE
> Initially they were being sent to /var/log/messages and to all terminal
> windows. I managed to get the latter to stop. They still go to
> /var/log/messages at a rate of about one per second. The motherboard is A
> SUS
> P4C800 deluxe. I mention that because Googling reveals that this problem
> was
> seen with this motherboard a year ago with the 2.6.16 kernel. I cannot fi
> nd
> mention of a solution to the problem.
>
> Since I do not see where an EDAC module is loaded, I'm guessing that the
> EDAC code is built into the 2.6.18 kernel in SL 5 and is not loaded
> separately. Is that correct?
> I will appreciate suggestions on what's going wrong and how to fix it. Th
> anks.

EDAC - Error Detection And Correction
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/drivers/edac/

Linux-2.6.17/drivers/edac/i82875p_edac.c
binutils-2.17.50.0.6-build-fixes.patch
linux-2.6-proposed-i82875p-edac-fix

Parity errors give me headaches, I'd try another kernel, get a patch or
try some common kernel boot options (noacpi). Also, more details about
your hardware (CPU, Video, NIC, SATA RAID)?

Good Luck -Art@JAX