SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2012

From:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:19:53 -0600
What does the output of
ssh -vv <hostname>

give you?

and what does /var/log/secure say on the server side?

Permission denied could be a number of things (time not in sync,
PAM configuration right, or other stuff.  without knowing the
server and client sshd_config and ssh_config respectively it is hard to
tell.

Steve Timm

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012, Joseph Areeda wrote:

> I can't figure out what causes this error.
>
> I can "fix" it by regenerating the server key on the system I'm trying to
> connect to and restarting sshd but that seems to be temporary as the same
> problem comes back in a week or so.  Rebooting the server does not fix it.
>
> Does anyone know what that error means?  I am using ssh not gsissh although I
> do have globus toolkit installed to contact grid computers.
>
> I'm pretty sure it's a misconfiguration on my part but I can't figure out
> what I did or didn't do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
[log in to unmask]  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Group Leader.
Lead of FermiCloud project.