SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2006

From:
"Robert E. Blair" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert E. Blair
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:51:58 -0600
Since Niel's mail server won't accept mail from me (I have a comcast
dhcp assigned address at this moment and prefer not to use their smtp
server) I'm posting a response here:

I have been using the openoffice 2.0 for some time now on either of two
64 bit AMD systems.  This is the one available at openoffice.org (since
2.0 offers more formats and better features).  This is, I believe, a 32
bit version but it works fine with both the uniprocessor and smp 64 bit
kernels runnning under SL4.2.  I have never seen either a crash of the
program nor a kernel lockup.

Cheers,
Bob Blair