SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2007

From:
Leonardo Gualtieri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leonardo Gualtieri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:37:58 +0200
Hallo,

I have just installed SL5 on a pc with x86_64 achitecture, and I
have a problem with my old program Maple7.
The installation does not give errors, but maple does not starts.

With previous Linux installations (Mandriva2006, Red Hat Enterprise 3)
it worked, provided I lauched maple with the command

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 /usr/local/maple_su/bin/xmaple

but now this trick does not work anymore: it gives

/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open

I found in the web that this error is quite common, but
the people says to REMOVE the "LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1";
but I need it, otherwise there are error messages even more severe.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

	Leonardo Gualtieri

Leonardo Gualtieri
Dipartimento di Fisica
Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" ITALY
Tel.: 06-49694247
e-mail: [log in to unmask]