SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2006

From:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:07:58 -0400
> we're using IP Filter NOT iptables.  It has nothing to do with DNS, DHCP, NFS
> or anything else like that.  It is IP Filter that freezes the entire system.

AHH.  Never mind then.  Misread your post.

> the /etc/fstab and /etc/sysconfig/hwconf files to the real ones, and reboot
> (these always seem to get corrupted some how when the system freezes).  Now

That sounds like kudzu is doing something (kudzu updates fstab and hwconf,
not sure what else does that at boot time) at the time it freezes.  Perhaps a
hardware scan is not liking something connected.  But perhaps you don't have
kudzu turned on, and this might just be a red herring.

No experience with IP Filter, sorry.

Dan W.