SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2015

From:
Steve Gaarder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Gaarder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2015 19:31:49 -0500
Here's what I'm working on to provide a full complement of TeX goodies on
SL7:

I installed the latest TeXlive in a network directory accessible to all my
SL7 machines.  I am working on creating an RPM that will install symlinks
to all the relevant commands etc, and that RPM's spec file will have a
"provides" for everything that the upstream Texlive package provides.  In
that way I should be able to install RPMs that depend on TeX (e.g. kile)
without triggering an install of the upstream packages.  Any feedback on
this?

thanks,

Steve Gaarder
System Administrator, Dept of Mathematics
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA