SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2011

From:
carlopmart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
carlopmart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2011 21:21:25 +0200
On 04/29/2011 08:50 PM, Chris Tooley wrote:
> Just thought I would voice my support for VirtualBox over vmware. Feel
> free to ignore this email if you're set on VMware :)
>
> However, I've found virtualbox to be just as good if not better, and
> it's completely free. Although, Virtualbox is currently owned by oracle
> now, but hopefully it remains free. There is USB passthrough as well as
> 3D rendering if your host machine supports it - and I don't get annoyed
> with it as much as I do vmware.
>
> -Chris

I respect your opinion about virtualbox Chris, but virtualbox best than
vmware?? Absolutely not. It's free, yes but is worst in most aspects
than vmware.

For example, under vmware you can run ANY operating system that runs on
i386 platforms with more performance than virtualbox (included
unsupported operated systems), with virtualbox not.

And about using USB passthrought and 3D support. I don't know which type
of problems do you have got with vmware, but I have a Windows 7
installed with this feautures and it is fast and simple to configure
under vmware.

Best regards.

--
CL Martinez