SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2014

From:
John Lauro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Lauro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2014 08:46:35 -0400
Sounds like you are not using default LVM setup?  It should just work with LVM.

Generally I prefer just using /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, etc... but LVM is generally safer when devices change... In this case, stick with the UUID or LVM instead of the changeable /dev/sda, etc...

If you don't want to switch to LVM, it is possible to boot in rescue mode and manually reinstall grub telling it what the devices will be instead of what they are...  been awhile from when I had to do that.  Generally not a recommended option for a new install...

I think, another option, make your jetflash the lowest priority.  As long as D0/D1 are not bootable (you may have to wipe the start of the drives) it should still boot jetflash and the device mappings should then be consistent from the bios.