SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2006

From:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Widyono <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 00:18:20 -0400
What do you mean by hanging?  Does it just take a LOOOONG time to boot up?
This would be caused by name lookups typically, or DHCP not finding a server,
or NFS not being able to mount.  In this case, poke a hole for DNS and/or
DHCP (tcpdump is your friend here) in your iptables config file.  For NFS
it's not as easy to just "poke a hole", but there are some brief HOWTO's on
the Net regarding more secure NFS sharing.

Dan W.