SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2018

From:
Jose Marques <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jose Marques <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2018 09:26:28 +0000
> On 6 Dec 2018, at 15:45, Gilbert E. Detillieux <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> What I'm now trying to set up is a working winbindd-based configuration to essentially do what smbd used to do directly (communicating with the AD server) before they took that functionality away, with as little fuss (and opportunity for breakage) as possible.

We run Samba 4.7 on FreeBSD on our storage servers and hit the same issue with the winbind requirement when testing 4.8. The problem is that not all AD setups are alike. We store unix attributes in AD because we mix Samba and NFS. The following works in our setup. YMMV.

  idmap config * : backend = tdb
  idmap config * : range = 9000-9999
  winbind enum users = yes
  winbind enum groups = yes
  winbind use default domain = yes
  winbind nss info = rfc2307
  winbind expand groups = 3
  idmap config <domain>:default = yes
  idmap config <domain>:backend = ad
  idmap config <domain>:range = 10000-60000
  idmap config <domain>:schema_mode = rfc2307

The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No. SC013532.