SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2011

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2011 09:55:47 -0700
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 08/26/2011 11:22 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>>
>> [Starting a new thread]
>>
>> 2011/8/26 Ichihara Takashi<[log in to unmask]>:
>>>
>>> Hi, Dag,
>>> http://dag.wieers.com/blog/centos-devel-ml-feels-like-devnull
>>> We are all expecting your efforts on the Scientific Linux !
>>> Could you please add our mirror of your repository to your mirror list?
>>> http://ftp.riken.jp/Linux/dag/
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Takashi Ichihara
>>
>> Scientific Linux used to be unknown in Japan but has been gaining much
>> attention. I find many blogs/web articles about SL written in
>> Japanese. One of the subjects I see often is "how to edit the repo
>> file to add SL mirror sites in Japan".
>>
>> Connie, could you consider adding at least one site from Japan? The
>> riken site, as requested by Mr. Ichihara is fast and being used by
>> many users in Japan, as I understand. In relation to this, I also wish
>> yum-plugin-mirrorlist is installed (and enabled) by default.
>>
>> Akemi
>
> Hi Akemi,
> I haven't read the article, so I cannot comment to everything, but we do
> have 4 mirror sites in Japan.
> http://www.scientificlinux.org/download/mirrors
>
> And they are in the mirrorlist
>
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/mirrorlist/
>
> Troy

What I meant (and probably Mr. Ichihara too) was to have the mirror(s)
added to the baseurl= line in the repo file (sl-release). That's what
SL users in Japan are editing so that they can get to the sites within
Japan. They (users in .jp) also need to manually install the fastest
mirror plugin to take advantage of this. So, my wish to see this
plugin installed by default. :)

Akemi