SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2016

From:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karel Lang AFD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2016 07:23:29 +0100
Hi Larry,

i use KDE 4 on my SL 6.x for years, with no problem. The SL comes with
basic Gnome 3 by default. But be ready for transition from KDE 3 -> KDE 4.

If you want to use KDE 4, then you need to install it specifically.

on my laptop:
yum grouplist | grep -i desktop
    Desktop
    Desktop Debugging and Performance Tools