SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2004

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:28:26 -0500
Thomas E. Haynes wrote:
> [...]

S.L. does not support the i586 kernel, and currently has no plans to.  This is
because RHEL does not support it.  We just don't have the manpower to deal
with any issues that might arise with a new kernel.
If Whitebox does it, then they could be a good choice.
If you want to stick with Scientific Linux, one thing you could do would be to
just run the old RedHat 9 kernel.  But then, that wouldn't give you a uniform
enviroment, so maybe that wouldn't be the best choice.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468