SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2009

From:
Klaus Steinberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klaus Steinberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:35:11 +0200
Dear Anatoly,

> OK, but unfortunately, concerning that Bluetooth stuff I'm right, I'm
> afraid, because it is in "sl-base", and therefore, presumably is in an
> acceptable shape, but instead, it miserably fails to work with both:
Wouldn't it be better to blame Redhat here instead of SL?

Troy and Connie are doing a very good job in recompiling the sources
from RHEL and integrating them into the SL distribution, but besides the
necessary changes (which Redhat requires to change) and integration of
HEP Community specific things (like AFS and so on) they just use the
Source RPM's from Redhat. Please don't forget that two people can't test
every piece in the distribution, they just can do the best they can do.
And they do a really good job, and are definitly not responsible for the
bugs Redhat let slip through.

Sincerly,
Klaus

P.S: You can always use redhat's bugzilla to tell them about bugs, even
if you don't have a rhel subscription (but don't await immediate