SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2005

From:
Harald Vogt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harald Vogt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:26:02 -0500
Using Sl4 on my notebook I had a problem to install a CISCO AIRONET 350
(pcmcia) card. If the access point is changing the transmission rate
dynamically (depending on the quality of the connection) the standard way to
install this card with system-config-network (gnome) will enable only a
standard transmission rate of 11 MB/sec but what one needs in our case is
"auto". Therefore I had to modify manually with an editor the file
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 and set the line
RATE=auto
May be this is a special issue but it may help if somebody has similar problems.

Harald