SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2013

From:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yasha Karant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2013 23:23:43 -0700
I have found anaconda command line options on URL

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda_Boot_Options?rd=Anaconda/Options

and anaconda is available as a package that SL6 will install.  I have
not found how to manually invoke anaconda from a running system to use
the files on the install/upgrade DVD as a source but with specific
command line options to force anaconda to ignore specific drives. For
example, supposedly the command line option to anaconda:

repo=cdrom:<device> will force anaconda to get the DVD if, presumably,
device is say /dev/sg1 that is the DVD drive, but will anaconda then
proceed in the standard GUI format?  Can anaconda from a running hard
drive system convert to a RAM based "disk file" system as used during
the standard upgrade booted from a bootable DVD (e.g., the current SL
6.4 ISO bootable install/upgrade DVD) so that the running hard drives
can have images upgraded (e.g., write a file and then sync the actual
hard drive)?

kickstart has the syntax

ignoredisk –drives=sda,sdb,sdc

that allows one to bypass any work on the specifid /dev disks (e.g.,
/dev/sda, etc., from the above list).  Does anaconda have a similar feature?

Again, thanks for any insight or syntactically correct command(s) to
accomplish what I am attempting to do (upgrade a system as though it had
only one hard drive, ignoring others, without physically opening an
enclosure and disconnecting hard drives).

Yasha Karant