SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2007

From:
"P. Larry Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
P. Larry Nelson
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:13:13 -0500
Donald Tripp wrote on 3/23/2007 3:24 PM:
> Is the floppy internal? If so, it can't be USB. Also, it can't be ATA
> (Hard Drives and CD-ROM drives only). You're boot options also don't

If by "internal" you mean that it's part of the system and not attached
with an external cable, yes, it sits just below the cdrom in the chassis.
Why can't it be USB?  Couldn't it be wired internally to a motherboard
USB port?

> show a floppy. It is common to have more boot devices than can fit in
> the list, so does it give you the option to change the devices? Usually
> if you highlight it with the keyboard and hit enter or something.

Not sure about that.  Can't get to it right now - I'm home having a beer!
I'll check on Monday.

> If you watch the machine boot, is there an option F12 or something, to
> select boot devices? Some motherboard have this.

Not sure about that, either - will investigate.
Thanks!
- Larry

--
P. Larry Nelson (217-244-9855) | Systems/Network Administrator
461 Loomis Lab                 | High Energy Physics Group