SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2013

Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:28:34 -0800
On 2013/01/25 13:04, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 12:57 PM, jdow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>   the gentlemen at elrepo .....
>>   They seem to be basically very good folks.
>
> s/basically//
>
> ;-)
>
> By the way there is more than "gentlemen" on the ELRepo team... but
> that's not important.
>
> Akemi

I had a strong suspicion that was the case. However, as used "Gentlemen"
was generic human based. I gave up on the "him/her" or "himer" kind of
nonsense about the time people started thinking it'd be a good idea. I
embraced it for all of a week, maybe. If you male guys want some good
male only pronouns and nouns go generate your own new ones for referring
to men. All the others are generic now.

As for the textual substitution I stick with the way I phrased it. Remember
that one "Aw S***!" wipes out 1000 attaboys.

{^_-}