SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2005

From:
Michael Joy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Joy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:22:38 -0600
I think a point should be made, that crc checksumming the ISO's for
installing off an nfs mount is redundant. The RPM's are all checksummed by
the anaconda installer automatically during installation.

Thus, if you really were paranoid that the disk storing the nfs mount was
corrupting data, you'd find out pretty quickly when you tried to install it.

If you wanted to check the files against what's in another set of iso's you
could mount the iso's to loop and use rsync --checksum to verify the files.
But this seems like overkill.

Michael Joy
HEP - University of Mississippi