SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2009

From:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jaroslaw Polok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:52:13 +0200

> $ sh GoogleEarthLinux.bin
> Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums:
> 09923ec56a4b8ccbbe77f4fc280e3490 is different from 7e2ee64995f3a4b65373ce81d235cd00
>
> has anyone successfully installed any version of google earth?

Yes, just the current one (5... something) - be aware
that it will not work with selinux enabled (unless
somebody has a selinux policy written for it ?)

It seems to me that the problem may be with your system
setup: the installer script for calculating md5 sums
needs following utilities:

sh, head, wc, tr, md5sum, echo and cut

(coming from bash and coreutils packages)

Verify that your installation of the above is not
corrupted:

# rpm -V coreutils bash

(there should be no output)

and verify that /usr/bin/ and /bin/ where above utils can
be found are on your PATH

# echo $PATH

You may also want to verify if your md5sum utility is the
system one (and not some wrapper script for example):

# which md5sum
/usr/bin/md5sum

and check if you have an utility called 'md5'
(google installer will try to use that one if found)

If above still does not help try running
GoogleEarthLinux.bin installer using 'sh -x' ... this should show
you the exact commands executed ..

Cheers

Jarek

__