SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2015

From:
"James M. Pulver" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James M. Pulver
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2015 13:19:59 -0400
I have a web app we use for remote control called Remotely Anywhere. It
is substantially similar to LogMeIn, but locally hosted on each Windows
computer. Whenever I try and log in from my SL7.1 computer to one of
these, I get the ICE Tea plugin notice to allow Java to run, but when
that pops up, my entire desktop (XFCE4) freezes, not just Firefox or
that tab. I have to wait about a minute for Ice Tea plugin to crash, and
then everything starts working again.

As you can imagine, this is frustrating when i need to remote in to
someone's desktop to support them. It doesn't lock up Oracle Java on
Windows, but I have no desire to try and get Oracle Java working with
Firefox on SL7.1...

Is this a bug?  Does anyone have any ideas how I might make it not lock
up the entire desktop environment?

--
James Pulver
CLASSE Computer Group